What Are Pennsylvania’s DUI Penalties?
If you were arrested for or charged with a DUI in Delaware County, the first thing you may be wondering is what the possible penalties are if you are convicted of the crime. You may also be wondering if there is a chance to minimize these penalties, and what you may be up against in court.
At The Law Offices of Kevin M. O'Neill, LLC, I can evaluate your case and tell you exactly what you may be up against. Our goal is to be transparent and never leave you in the dark. Because I am a local and know every district attorney in the county, I know what they may argue based on the evidence they may have against you. With this information, I can build your defense strategically to give you the best possible outcome for your case.
Defending You Regardless Of The Evidence Against You
Pennsylvania uses a tiered system for DUI penalties, broken down into three tiers based on your blood alcohol content (BAC).
Pennsylvania’s DUI penalties also depend on whether this is your first, second, third or higher offense. Here we will highlight the penalties for first offenses. For information on second or repeat offense penalties, please visit our Repeat And Felony DUI page.
1. General impairment level — a BAC of .08 percent to .099 percent:
- Six months of probation, a $300 fine, mandatory Alcohol Highway Safety School and alcohol and drug treatment.
2. High BAC level — a BAC of .10 percent to .159 percent:
- Forty-eight hours to six months in prison, license suspension for one year, fines ranging from $500 to $5,000, mandatory Alcohol Highway Safety School and alcohol and drug treatment.
3. Highest BAC level — a BAC of .16 percent or higher, or under the influence of a controlled substance:
- Seventy-two hours to six months in prison, license suspension for one year, fines ranging from $1,000 to $5,000, mandatory Alcohol Highway Safety School and alcohol and drug treatment.
Aiming To Minimize Penalties And Protect Your Future
To have the best chance of minimal penalties after a DUI arrest or DUI charges, you need a lawyer who is thorough, strategic and fights vigorously for your freedom and rights. At The Law Offices of Kevin M. O'Neill, LLC, I have the experience and skill you deserve to get you a favorable defense for your case. Call my Media office today at 484-464-2052 or visit my Contact page.